Saturday 3 September 2022

Indian poetics: Rasa theory. (Teacher's Day-2022)

 Rasa Theory:

Hello readers, welcome to my blog I hope you all like my youtube video.

It is theory of beauty in art and literature. Aesthetics means what gives you pleasure, what makes a good piece of literature.


Aristotle was inspired by the theories of Bharat Muni. He translated them in Greek language and gave theories to the Western world.

Bharata Muni was the first exponent of this school. According to him rasa is the essence of poetry. He talks about what makes a good drama. When Bharata muni was writing, at that time novels were not there, people either wrote dramas or poems. He gave rasa theory in his book "Natyashastra".

Metaphorically it means the emotional experience of beauty in poetry and drama. Rasa is juice or essence.

We get entertainment from drama, it evokes rasa or joy in us. Rasa is derived from the union of different Bhava(emotion/moods).

There are four Bhavas which results in rasa.

1. Sthayi Bhavas(permanent or dominant mood)
2. Vyabhichari Bhavas(Temporary emotions)
3. Vibhava Bhavas(situations which are responsible, to bring out sthayi bhavas they are stimuli. They are the causes which lead to Sthayi Bhava).
4.Anubhava(Effect seen upon the character after the emotion arises)

 Here Is My Pre-Video of Rasa Theory:



(This is presentation which I used in my youtube video)

My Youtube Video Link:


After Watching This Video Appear In Online Test. Here Is Link:


I put my lecture video on Ted.Ed platform you can go there and watch. after watching video you can appeared there in online quiz.
Here is the link of Ted.Ed:


Thank you so much for your active response.
thank you so much for reading this blog and watching my youtube video.😁

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU



No comments:

Post a Comment